JetNet 5428G / 5428G-DC / 5428G-2G-2FX Overview
Industrial 24+4G Rackmount Managed Ethernet Ring Switch
- 24-port 10/100-TX and 4-port Gigabit RJ-45/SFP combo ports(10/100/1000 Base-TX, 1000Base-X) (JetNet 5428G / 5428G-DC)
- 24-port 10/100-TX, 2-port 100M/Gigabit SFP and 2-port Gigabit RJ-45/SFP combo ports (10/100/1000 Base-TX, 1000Base-X) (JetNet 5428G-2G-2FX)
- Non-Blocking Switching Performance
- Supports Jumbo Frame up to 9,216 bytes
- 802.1s MSTP, RSTP and Multiple Super Ring (Rapid Super Ring, Rapid Dual Homing, MultiRing, TrunkRing) for network redundancy
- Maximum 12 x 100M Rings plus 2 Gigabit Rings aggregation capability
- 256 VLAN, Private VLAN, QinQ, LACP, GVRP, QoS, IGMP Snooping, GMRP, Rate Control, Online Multi Port mirroring Supports
- LLDP and JetViewPro i2NMS software for auto-topology visualization and efficient group management
- SNMP V1/V2c/V3, RMON for remote management
- Advanced Security system by IP/Port Security, 802.1x and Access Control List
- Industrial Modbus TCP protocol for device management and monitoring
- Event Notification by E-mail, SNMP Trap and Syslog
- Fan-Less design with -25~70oC wide operating temperature
- 90-264VAC (JetNet 5428G / 5428G-2G-2FX) or Dual 24V (12-48V) DC input (JetNet 5428G-DC)
The JetNet 5428G series, the 19-inch 24+4G Managed Ethernet Switch, is equipped with 24 10/100 Base-TX ports plus 4 Gigabit RJ45 / MINI GBIC combo ports (JetNet 5428G) and 2G combo and 2 Gigabit / 100M SFP sockets (JetNet 5428G-2G-2FX). The switches are special design for control rooms where high-port density and performance are required. The Gigabit Combo port design allows 10/100/1000 triple speed, and the SFP ports accept all types of Gigabit SFP transceivers, including Gigabit SX, LX, LHX, ZX and XD for several connections and distances.
The device is mounted within the 19 inch rack, along with other 19 inch public servers or other network devices. When the lower industrial switches are aggregated to the JetNet 5428G, the 24+4G design allows connecting up to 12 100M rings plus 2 copper/fiber gigabit or FE rings. Each of the ring has its own ring redundancy protection. This is a unique and Korenix patent protected ring technology.
JetNet 5428G is designed as a fan-less rackmount switch with low power consumption and wide operating temperature. JetNet 5428G-DC, the DC input model, allows 12-48VDC input. JetNet 5428G supports Jumbo frame featuring up to 9,216 bytes packet size for large size file transmission. This is the trend for future industrial application requests.
The embedded software supports RSTP and Multiple Super Ring technology for ring redundancy protection. Full layer 2 management features include VLAN, IGMP Snooping, LACP for network control, SNMP, LLDP for network management. Secured access is protected by Port Security, 802.1x and flexible Layer 2/4 Access Control List. With JetNet 5428G, you can fulfill the technicians’ need of having best solution for the industrial Ethernet infrastructure.
High Bandwidth and Performance
JetNet 5428G series support 24 fast Ethernet ports plus 4 gigabit combo (JetNet 5428G) and 2G combo and 2 Gigabit / 100M SFP (JetNet 5428G) ports as well as wire speed forwarding and up to 9,216 bytes jumbo frame. The 24+4G combo port design provides benefits and advantages when planning your industrial network architecture.
- Acting as the access switch, 100M speed is still the major and popular in industrial environment.
- Acting as the distribution switch, Gigabit Combo ports are designed for network redundancy, connecting public server or uplink path...
- 2 Gigabit ports are for forming independent ring, or connecting multiple switches with RSTP protection.
- 2 ports for ring and the others for connecting to public servers with higher bandwidth.
- The upper connection can be aggregated with up to 8G bandwidth in full duplex mode by LACP.
- Combo Port Design to save stock of storing different kinds of transceivers.
Maximum 12+2G Rings Aggregation Capability
Korenix JetNet 5428G supports MultiRing which allows aggregating multiple Rapid Super Rings. With the MultiRing technology all the Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet ports can be part of the ring ports. Besides, up to 12 100M Rings can be formed and 2 gigabit rings (JetNet 5428G / 5428G-DC) or 1 gigabit/100M fiber ring plus 1 gigabit ring (5428G-2G-2FX) can be aggregated to single access switch.
Traditional ring switches, which only allow one ring setting or one ring traffic passthrough, need additional links or settings to connect multiple rings. When there are several ring requests in your network, the setting and environment becomes complex. Unlike these traditional ring switches, with MultiRing feature the lower rings can connect to the JetNet 5428G directly.
Modbus TCP for Factory Automation Network Enhancement
JetNet 5428G and JetNet 5428G-2G-2FX series support Modbus TCP protocol for providing enhanced monitoring and maintenance in factory automation applications. It enables users to monitor the status of the switches easily, such as SCADA systems through their own Modbus/TCP based progress/display/monitor applications.
Advanced Security by Layer 2/4 Access Control List
In industrial building and control room installations, multi types of advanced security features are required and must be implemented. The secured access control list (ACL) makes it easy to limit certain devices communicating with the other addressed devices and by the specific protocol. Example rules include (1) the administrator to multiple stations, (2) stations to stations and (3)stations to public servers…etc.
The ACLs provide “Permit” and “Deny” rules for any or specific host. The IP address, MAC address and port ID are the destinations allowed to be applied the rules. The protocol ID, QoS tag, TCP flag… are the operations which users prefer to control. The JetNet 5428G series is equipped with one layer 2+ switch fabric which provides flexible ACLs for the specified subjects and operations within the same LAN.
Link Layer Discover Protocol
The Link Layer Discover Protocol (LLDP) was formally ratified as IEEE 802.1AB-2005. LLDP is the Layer 2 protocol that allows the network device/station to advertise connectivity & management information, the identity & major capabilities. If receives and establishes network management information on the local same network.
In industrial environments, most vendors provide their own discovering protocols, window utility or other tools to manage their switches. The LLDP protocol fixes the interoperability among them. With LLDP supported, users can easily browse the network devices and establish the network management information schema about the stations.
Supporting SNMP, LLDP and JetView protocol, the JetNet 5428G series can be easily discovered, port and ring status can be displayed by JetView Pro, Korenix designed Network Management System or other NMS which support SNMP and LLDP. The software can help administrators efficiently and effectively manage the surveillance network.
JetNet 5428G / 5428G-DC / 5428G-2G-2FX Appearance
Dimensions (Unit -mm)