JetCon 2401 Overview
Power Plant Automation
Industrial Serial to Fiber Media Converter
- 3-in-1 RS232/422/485 to serial fiber media converter
- Easy mode change without resetting
- Supports Multi-mode 5KM, Single-mode 40KM
- PTP or SFR transmission mode for serial fiber ring communication
- Auto baud rate and direction control
- High level immunity with 15KV ESD protection
- Two-way 120 ohm line terminator
- Supports biasing resistor
- Dual modes for power input, AC 24V(12~32V)/ DC 24V(12~48V)
- -20~70°C operating temperature for hazardous environment applications (-40~70°C wide operating temperature available by request)
JetCon 2401 is a 1-port RS232/422/485 serial to fiber media converter with extended fiber transmission. Single-mode and Multi-mode fiber optic ports meet your needs for long distance transmission up to 40KM. JetCon 2401 will automatically detect the data baud rate of the connected full-duplex serial device, ranging from 300 to 921,600bps. By moving up the DIP switch, JetCon 2401 supports an auto setting function without system power reset to change serial interface, fiber wiring architecture and termination of receiver and transmission line. Also JetCon 2401 is specially designed for applications requiring good immunity of EMI/EMS such as power substation, rail and traffic control signification systems under severe electromagnetic interference and wide temperature range.
JetCon 2401 can be easily wall mounted as well as be mounted directly on DIN rail. AC 24V(12~32V) or DC 24V(12~48V) is available for different operating environments. With IP 30 rigid aluminum case, CE/FCC regulatory approvals, and 5-year global warranty, JetCon 2401 is your reliable choice for hazardous applications.
The JetCon 2401 supports two transmission configurations, Peer to Peer in full duplex and Serial Fiber Ring (SFR) in half duplex. In a Peer-to-Peer configuration, two fibers are required between the two converters, one for data in each direction (RX and TX). To expand the number of connected serial devices users can apply the SFP configuration mode and connect the fiber transmitter to the rest of the slaves and eventually back to the master node.
|Peer to Peer Serial Communication (PTP)
||Serial Fiber Ring Communication (SFR)
Dimensions (Unit –mm)